Friday, March 30, 2007

Odd



God moves in mysterious ways... I was at Woodies the other day, when a knock came on the door.

Outside stood a youngish, fairly ordinary guywith a limp carrying a rucksack... "Are any of the chaplaincy around?" He asked. "Any of the Fathers or Reverends?"

I explained that Woodies wasn't a denominational church and asked him back "Whats the problem?" It turns out he had hurt his foot and was looking to borrow some money for the bus fare back to Lawrence Weston...

Not entirely sure of where I would end up, I offered him a lift and off we went... as we drove he explained a little about why he had turned up at the church. Apparently, he had once had a conversation with someone during a communion service and that person had said that if he ever needed to talk, then to come back. We then chatted quite randomly about God...

Anyhoos, we arrived in Lawrence Weston and I dropped him off. As he was geting out of the car, he swiftly reached into his rucksack and produced from it a smallish Lindt chocolate Easter bunny and insisted that I take it as a thank you...

God moves in mysterious ways...

No comments: