Thursday, January 03, 2013

2013. Make your own diary…


I couldn't find a diary that I liked, then I kind of realised that most diaries box everything in. That's fine if your brain works that way but I realised more and more that my brain doesn't... So these are some thoughts

- Each spread has a line, this line goes all the way to the end of the book (conveniently labelled 2014). The line represents the next year, how I get there is still open.
- I've worked out roughly how many pages/spread a month might have, so I can put stuff in. The time leading up to the event however might be a bit fluid. There's also spaces for todos or whatever.
- I'll draw a few weeks in advance but the idea is that it develops as the year unfolds.Things are still open.
- My housemate said "There's not a lot of room...", but maybe thats okay cos I don't have to cram too much in or overcrowd it. It means I prioritise.
- It's not meant to be a dairy but then again it is. Who say that  a diary has to be a specific way or that we all have to use the same measurements or models. It's visual. I like it. It's a bit more me.

At any rate, all I am saying is that at the start of a year before you fall into the same old models and same old patterns or boxes... be up for changing your viewpoint, be open to what lies ahead...



No comments: